Plumbers – The Experts To Solve Water Woes.10:06 PM
According to Wiki, a plumber is specialist involved in installation and maintenance of plumbing systems designed for portable drinking water, sewage, and drainage. In the modern world, we cannot think of a life without a plumber. They are involved in every step of building a civilization. We tend to underestimate the role of the plumber, or sometimes stereotype them to a certain role. For example, as a home owner you may think that the sole purpose of a plumber is to fix issues with plumbing in your home. This could be an issue with a tap, a blockage in a pipe somewhere or even the need to get a new water outlet fixed. However, their role does not begin and end there.
Important role of plumbers
The role of a plumber is pivotal to the smooth running of any concrete structure(s). They are involved in the planning of a building, all the way to its maintenance. For example, just as the architect is responsible for the blueprint of the building, a plumber or a plumbing unit will be responsible in designing the plumbing for the entire building. These would include the water outlets, aesthetically appealing water outlets such as fountains and springs, toilets, bathing systems, drains etc.
It takes years to become a skilled plumber. In some parts of the world, it is mandatory for plumbers to get licensed.
To summarize the roles and duties of a plumber; here are some of the tasks taken care of by the plumbers:
- Review building blueprints, building codes and specifications to plan the work and procedures.
- Survey building plans and inspect structures in order to understand equipment needs, sequence of pipe installations, and most importantly plan work around electrical wiring.
- Prepare cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
- Assemble pipe sections, tube and fittings using couplings, clamps, screws, cement, plastic solvent, bolts, caulking or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Keep tab on various assignments and submit the daily reports on work progress.
- Perform everyday plumbing jobs or large projects.
- Locate and mark pipe installations, connections, passage holes and fixtures in plumbing structures by using various measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Use hand and power tools to cut openings in structures.
- Install steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Oversee workers engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
- Install pipe assemblies and appliances such as washing machines, water heaters, dishwashers, water purifiers, sinks, toilets, etc. using hand or power tools.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replace defective plumbing parts, replace or mend broken pipes, and unclog drains.
- Install oxygen and medical tanks in hospitals.
- Install underground storm drains, sanitary and water piping systems, and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
- Use specialized techniques like performing computer-assisted welding of small pipes, or working with special piping used in the production of microchips.
- Ensure safety standards and building regulations are met.
A plumber works in various capacities, these include working as an individual plumber, contractor or as a team member working within a larger team of building contractors. Plumbers are integral to every standing structure in this world. Whether it is your two-bed home or a 20-floor building, a plumber’s role is pivotal to the construction and working of any concrete structure. Plumbers play an important role in planning and managing, storm drains and sewage systems as well. Imagine a living in a city with no drains?
Today, we cannot imagine a standing structure without a restroom or wash room. It only goes on to show just how important plumbers are to the modern society. Visit this link for more information about specialist plumber.