Everyone wants to own a smooth, elegant and comfortable car. However, this is quite arduous in practice as most of the times people do not understand the proper method of doing so. If you want to maintain your car in the best condition then routine or scheduled servicing is one of the best-known methods. Car service centers and their trained professionals are proficient in providing proper maintenance to your car. But there are certain parameters regarding car servicing that you need to follow in order to experience the best results.
There is a huge checklist that needs to be cross-checked by the professionals when you give your car for service. Every spare part of the car assembly has its specific role which helps it to perform well. some of the major parts, which are required to be checked, cared, and fine tuned on regular time intervals can be enumerated as:
Car Servicing and Its Significance
- Engine Oil – This is one of the most essential components of your car responsible for proper functioning of the engine. It provides lubrication to the moving parts of the engine so that it can work smoothly. However, over a period of time this lubricant becomes contaminated with metal parts and exhausted gasses within the engine chamber and makes it less efficient in terms of lubrication. Such debris oriented engine could cause severe damages to the engine compartment and can cause other performance related issues such as noisy engine, low average etc. Thus, changing engine oil is the first-thing-first in the list of car servicing and it is recommended to have such routine oil change after every 4000-5000 run, though, it may vary from vehicle to vehicle, as many high-tech cars can go more without changing engine oil.
- Air filter – Air filter prevents the engine from absorbing dust and dirt. It provides proper and clean air for combustion. This gets blocked at the certain point of time and a blocked air filter can obstruct the proper breathing for the engine, resulting in less air supply to the engine compartment and affecting the entire performance of the car. There are some crucial factors that need to be considered while changing the air filter. One is kilometers, to which most of the manufacturers recommend to go for air filter change on every 5000 kilometers of the run. Second is a climatic condition in which car use to travel. In cases where the car belongs to desert or more polluted area, it may need to change air filter more frequently than in normal conditions. Car service checklist contains air filter change as another significant aspect after an oil change.
- Brake Pads – Though, this part of assembly is not required to be checked in new cars as they are sturdy enough to stay healthy for longer duration of time, but as it is a primary concern associated with safe driving, brake pads are checked on every scheduled service to avoid any sort of mishaps and proper retardation.
- Brake Oil – This oil is responsible for proper lubrication and cooling of brake pads against the friction while applying brakes. It is an important component required for proper functioning of the braking system.
- Coolant – Car service checklist comprises of another significant check over this element as well. It is required for proper functioning of air-conditioning.
- Tires – A better grip on the road surface and average sort of outcomes are invisibly associated with tire parts. If a tire is found with excess wear and tear conditions, Car service provider may suggest a tire rotation or replacement.
All these necessary tests ensure that your car is safe and smooth when you drive. So make sure that you go for regular car service to keep your car and your passenger lives safe.