Automatic gates are used to control access into a secured area. Mostly, automatic gates are used at the entrance to a home or office area. Cantilever gates move smoothly in a linear motion and do not need much effort to slide them. These gates are wider and bigger than any other gates. Since the cantilever gates have no rollers there is nothing to stumble upon. Cantilever gates are mostly used in industrial sector. But they can also be used for large homes.
Here Are The Components Of An Automatic Gate Or A Cantilever Gate:
- Gate: The gate is the physical object that moves. Most gates used in industrial areas are made of iron or chain-link material. They are usually designed to match the fencing adjacent to where the gate is installed.
- Gate Operator: The gate operator is the machine that moves the gate in and out of the gate opening. Gate operators runs on electricity or with the help of chain, gear or hydraulic. Cantilever gates are good in withstanding strong wind and gravity.
There Are Advantages Of Having A Cantilever Gate For Homes Too. Few Of Them Are:
- Protection in Extreme Climates: In places where it snows heavily and there are strong winds, these gates act as great protection.
- Easy to Fix: The automation of cantilever gates is very easy to handle. No part of the gate comes in contact with the ground. So it is easy to operate, install and it levels perfectly. It would be wise to get some professionals to fix the gate though it is an easy job to do. In most of the swing gates, there are chances of someone getting an injury or hit. This is not the case with a cantilever gate. It is safe to handle.
- Easy to Maintain: The design in which the cantilever gates are made is very easy to maintain. Cantilever gates can also be opened without any lateral space; hence there is no friction while operating it.
- Come in Variety: Irrespective of whether you want to have a cantilever gate for your home or for industrial purposes, they come in various materials and designs that you can choose from. Not only can you choose from a wide range of gate opening systems, you also have choices that range from traditional wood to iron, steel to composite materials which are a great value of money.
|Cantilever Gates for Home|
Here Are Some Of The Benefits Of Having A Cantilever Gates:
- Cantilever gates work great even if there is uneven ground, grass or water. Since the wheels are attached to a concrete foundation, it runs smoothly without making any irritating noise.
- Cantilever gates works on steep inclines you don’t have to worry about making the ground level.
Snow, ice or strong winds does not affect cantilever gates. The operation of the gates is not affected since the wheels are not in direct contact to the ground.
The material used, the design and the way it is installed contributes to the fact that these gates last longer. Cantilever gates are fixed on only two side posts. This makes it easier and faster to install.
It is very important to get someone who is trained to do this job. Although the gates are easy to maintain and handle and they provide great security and protection; however, if the gates are not installed by a professional contractor then the purpose of these gates will be lost. Your basic need of having a hassle-free automated gate system will not be fulfilled if installed incorrectly and under supervision of an amateur. Get the maximum benefit of these gates by installing it properly for lasting protection.