concrete polishing Melbourne, Home-Improvement, polished concrete melbourne
Tips To Perform Concrete Polishing On Your Own9:04 PM
In order to perform concrete polishing, you should have detailed information about the surface. Without any prior preparation, the task cannot be accomplished. So, instead of starting in haste, you can read the following tips that are extremely helpful to accomplish the task on your own:
Test The Surface:
- Users need to test the hardness of the surface to get the desired results. The best strategy is to start with a higher number than the surface being tested for the hardness.
- In order to perform the task, hold the pick like a pen in the writing position and put the palm’s edge on the floor.
- While using the pick be very careful because they are very sharp and cause injuries to the body.
- It is vital to reach forward and draw the 2 inches line deploying the pressure in the downward direction like using a pen.
- While undertaking the task, make sure that the pick is not forced to create a scratch on the surface. Keep on repeating the steps with different picks until the scratches disappear. Using this method, you can find the degree of hardness of the surface.
- Testing should be done at different points on the floor to obtain accurate results. Sometimes scratches are felt not by the pick but by the metal. You can check the same by using a magnifying glass.
Making the Surface Ready:
- Prior to polishing the concrete, make sure to prepare the surface in an impeccable manner. All the existing sealers and coatings need to be removed. In case of minor scratches, the floor grinding process can be done later on.
- If there are any prior oil stain, remove them immediately because they might cause color variation. Detergents can be applied to remove the grease, dust and dirt. If the stain is light, use the mineral spirits and absorb them with the help of kitty litter.
- In order to eliminate the adhesives from the floor, it is vital to grind the material vigorously because the former sticks with great strength and conventional methods might not work properly.
- You can fill the joints with polyurea or semi-rigid epoxy to accomplish the task. Chipping, as well as spalling, can be performed with the help of a special forklift. The failing task goes a long way in preventing the accumulation of the dirt.
- It is similar to the sanding of the wood wherein the concrete surface is ground with the help of the machine accompanied by diamond segmented abrasives. They play an important role in making the surface smooth after a period of time.
- The dry method is popular among the users to apply polish to the concrete. Once the process is completed, the surface becomes bright and shiny. As far as the wet strategy is concerned, it is quite fast and convenient. In addition, water plays an important role in cool off the diamond abrasives and eliminates the residual dust on the surface.
- To start with, existing coatings are removed. Generally, 26 to 20 grit diamond abrasive is used to accomplish the task.
- Cracks and joints should be sealed immediately to prevent the perforation of the dust particles.
|Polishing Concrete Floor|
Make The Concrete Denser:
One of the most important steps is to increase the density of the concrete surface. Once the grinding is completed, you can apply the chemical hardener to solidify the material. As a result, the surface would become water resistant and immune to staining. It will also help to boost the quality of the concrete polish work.