Keep Your Air-Conditioner Clean By Hiring Professional12:24 AM
Providing regular maintenance for your air conditioner goes a long way in extending its life. The air filters, coils and vents require regular maintenance to keep it in good working order. There are professionals who can be hired to conduct the entire cleaning and maintenance procedure, so that your machines last long, does not emit sound, and you can save a lot on your energy bills.
Taking care of the filters:
- Filters must be routinely replaced or cleaned as dusty water and soot accumulates inside.
- Clogged or dirty filters block the flow of air and severely disable the air conditioner’s ability to cool.
- Air that passes through a dirty filter can transfer some of the dirt to the evaporator coils inside, leading to reduced absorption.
- A clean filter can lower energy consumption from 5-15% than a dirty air filter.
- It is good practice to clean or replace your air filter every month or two months during peak summer.
Check the Air Conditioner Coils:
- Evaporator and condenser coils accumulate dirt since the last service.
- Clean filters delay the coils from getting dirty.
- Coils need to be checked and maintained every year, to see whether they are inefficient to absorb heat.
- Dense foliage and dusty environment can also result in dirty condenser coils. Foliage must be regular trimmed and the fins of the condenser coil must be cleaned to prevent dirt accumulation.
How to maintain the coil fins?
Coil fins are placed in front of the evaporator coils.
- These aluminum fins are bent easily. Buy a fin comb to prevent these fins from bending in.
- Bent fins can block flow of air to the evaporator coils.
Clogged drains prevent the air conditioner from reducing humidity. Insert a stiff wire to check for blockage. A clogged drain may result in discolored walls and carpets.
How to prepare the rooms for the summer and winter?
The window seal that seals any gap between the window and the metal case of the air conditioner can be damaged due to moisture. Inspect the seal regularly to prevent escape of air through gaps, which can reduce cooling.
Preparing for the winter season:
Since you will not be using your air conditioner during the winter season, you can either cover it or store it away. If you have a centralized air conditioning system, covering the external unit will protect it from extreme cold and debris. Although being committed to maintaining your air conditioner will give it a longer life, you must get regular service by air conditioning expert.
|Air Conditioner Maintenance|
What are the factors checked by a technician?
- Check the amount of refrigerant in the coils. Any gas leak will result in poor or absent cooling. The technician will check this using a leak detector. The refrigerant should be checked for superheating or super cooling.
- If there are any refrigerant leaks, your technician must contain the released refrigerant, as it is illegal to release it to the atmosphere.
- Check for any leakage in the seal duct. Measure airflow from the evaporator coil. This will help gauge the level of cooling and check for any air blocks. They also verify correct electric sequence to check the working of the evaporator coils and condenser coils. Inspect all the electric terminals, tighten any screws other connections and apply non-conductive tape over wiring if required.
- Check the fan, fan belt and the thermostat for operational efficiency.
- Check for capacitor failures. Bad capacitors can lead to compressor and motor failure.
Regular maintenance and upkeep also reduces the chances of that one big expense, and also reduces your energy bills.