Get an Everlasting Look with the Exposed Aggregate10:04 PM
|Exposed Aggregate Concrete|
Exposed aggregate is a style of decorating concrete where a combination of cement along with small stones and pebbles are exposed as in opposition to the old-fashioned even finish of concrete surfaces. Owing to its varied colors and haphazard designs, they can add visual attention to a given surface. It is one of the most inexpensive methods that can be used to give a new or old concrete a good look. Besides the good look and the affordable price range, it can enhance the concrete strength.
The exposed aggregate concrete has boundless prospective to be used almost wherever on a residential property. Patios and garden pathways are probably the most common outdoor applications, but the variety of colors, finishes, and textures available have extended request for garden walls, garage floors and driveways made from this inventive process. The skilled craftsperson can create outstanding floors, staircases and even fireplaces and countertops from exposed aggregate.
|Exposed Aggregate for your Home|
Listed Below Are Some of The Advantages of Using Exposed Aggregate Concrete:
- The unique characteristics of this type of concrete prevent the growth of weeds and moss.
- It is naturally slip resistant and so it prevents trip hazards even when wet.
- This type of concrete can resist harsh climatic condition and heavy traffic without heaving or sinking.
- It only requires regular cleaning with water and mild soap and can stay perfect for years to come. Sealing is also required to prevent the entry of water.
- It can offer a picture-perfect look at quite a reasonable price rate.
- Since, these are available in various colors and textures they can help in customizing the look of the area where exposed aggregate concrete is being used.
Because of the presence of so many advantages; this type of concrete has become one of the most popular materials. Even though the process appears quite simple, but the work if done by an inexperienced can result in serious faults; therefore, it is best if left to knowledgeable professional installers. Concrete is not an exceptionally merciful material and mistakes in fixing or installing can be an enormously expensive and onerous attempt.
Listed Below Are Some of The Tips That Can Be Used to Maintain the Areas Made Up of Exposed Aggregate Concrete:
- Clean the area regularly and ensure that dust and debris is regularly removed.
- Apply sealer once again in case a portion of the area looks faded or dull.
- Wash the surface without using heavy pressure or harsh chemicals as this can damage the surface.
- Get in touch with the contractor if a crack is noticed as ignoring the cracks can result in permanent damage to the surface.
- Avoid using acid based cleaning agents for mild stains; however, for thicker stains, acid can be used but in a limited quantity. When using acid, the cleaner must make sure that the acid does not get in contact with the hands or eyes.
|Exposed Aggregate Concrete|
So, maintaining this type of concrete surface is quite easy compared to the other types.
Apart from appearances and a practical price, exposed aggregate also has the main feature of concrete power. All these make this option extensively prevalent and this can be seen in the driveways and the garage areas also in the outdoor areas of the commercial establishments.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that exposed aggregate concrete will give the hard surface areas an incredible finish. Exposed aggregate concrete long-lasting and perfect for outdoor areas which have the chance of getting wet. The exposed material usually sparkle in the sunlight and would make the outdoor area very pretty.