concrete polishing Melbourne, Home Improvement, polished concrete melbourne
Enhance the Boring Look of Concrete with Polished Concrete9:24 PM
Cement is widely used for flooring installations today. However, polished concrete is replacing it gradually. With the use of appropriate grinding tools, concrete is treated well with chemical densifiers to prepare polished concrete. Polished concrete is undoubtedly the best choice for flooring since it is sustainable due to the use of raw materials that are already used in construction. Modern buildings are built with concrete slabs, and so any left overs can be used to make polished concrete floors. Additionally, they are low maintenance and highly durable. Many assume that polished concrete can be very slippery and is risky to walk on, especially for kids and elderly ones. However, this is completely false as the coefficient of friction that it offers is very high. Also, polished concrete can benefit kids a lot since they can resist dust and other algae unlike normal concrete floors, thereby preventing growth of bacteria and related allergies.
|Polished Concrete Floor|
High Quality Standard Expectancy of Polished Concrete Floors
The life expectancy of a polished concrete floor is estimated to be high. Finesse of a polished concrete depends on grit, grade and finish of the final product. The higher the grit value, higher is the quality standard. The same applies to grade and finish, with the exposed aggregate and shine being higher when these factors are high, respectively.
Benefits That Polished Concrete Offers
- Easy to maintain as it can be cleaned very easily
- Durable in nature as it can maintain its extra-ordinary look for years.
- It is eco-friendly as it is sustainable.
- Its look can easily be tweaked by using stains and dyes to enhance its beauty to a whole new level.
- It prohibits the growth of bacteria
Customize The Polished Concrete In The Best Way
The traditional concrete is gray in color and even if it is polished, it remains the same. You can turn this boring color into something interesting by using dyes or stains. With these you can get some interesting textures and colors on the polished concrete to beautify your room even more. This customizability feature of Polished concrete makes it a wonderful choice for concrete flooring that can give your home an aesthetic look.
- Polished concrete floors can be shaped to different styles to give it a scored, lined or gridded look. When the concrete is wet it can be molded to the shape or texture that you require and can be customized to fit into the place that you want.
- Polished concrete floors can be made to look much appealing by giving it a highlight effect with the use of borders. This tiny yet intense detail will give the floor a finer finish and a modern look.
|Floor with Polished Concrete|
Polished Concrete Floor Can Be Retrofitted
To get the polished concrete floor retrofitted the following methods can be used:
- Cutting an existing floor slab, and then hardening and polishing it.
- Putting a polished slab on top of existing slab.
Decorative aggregates like granite, black basalt mix and few other stones can be used along with concrete during the finishing stage of flooring to take the beauty of concreting to a whole new level. Choose from the different aggregates that complement your concrete, and get the best floor of your choice. Alternately, you can use stains and dyes to give the floor a subtle texture and hint of vibrant colors.
Polished concrete floors are certainly very beneficial and can prove to be cost effective in the long run. Additionally, their maintenance is easy the range of options available to choose from makes it irresistible to install one at your home.