Buying a product for your home is something that you do not do often and hence it can prove to be a bit challenging as compared to things you buy in your daily life. When you are buying a screen door, then you need to plan and think a little more. Just like bad shopping will not let you use a product for a long time, so is the same with mesh door screen. If you buy it in a hurry, without doing your research, then unfortunately it will go to waste. Buying products for your home is much different than going to the supermarket and picking things on your grocery list. It is an investment that has to last for many years keeping it protected and secure at all times. One should also take into account the time that the screen door would require for the maintenance.
Tips to Buy A Mesh Screen
Here are a few things that one should keep in mind while you are going to buy a mesh screen for your door:
- Adding value- When you buy something for your home, you should look at how it will increase the value of your home. There are door screens which do not only serve as the purpose of protecting the house from the dangerous insects entering and contaminating it but also serves other purposes for the betterment of the house. There are storm and screen door combination which also save your house from the storms that hit during monsoon.
- Toddlers and Kids- If you have notorious kids at home consider buying the right type of screen door for your home after a thorough research. It is not possible for you to keep observing them all the time but they are capable of damaging the mesh door screen with all their little might. You will have to replace it in a short time which is definitely not something you would want.
- Time for maintenance- It is important that you maintain your home products, be it the kitchen slab, or the kitchen chimney or simply the furniture and doors such as mesh screen. It is imperative to clean and repair is regularly, in case of damage, so that the door lasts you long and gives you a good return on your investment.
- Quality of the product- Quality of any product matters the most when it comes to its longevity. A good quality product will cost you more but it is certain to do its work not only well but also for a much longer period of time.
- Type of your door- Whether you have a sliding door or a door with hinges you will want your screen to be fitted properly without hindering the actual purpose of the door. You will also want to match the quality of the mesh screen with the quality of your door. Ensure proper measurements are taken right at the beginning to avoid any folly later.
Keeping the dirt away from your mesh door screen will help in continuous clean and healthy air in your home along with proper ventilation. Cleaning the mesh is very easy and there is no extra cost for maintenance as well. All you need is soapy water and a scrubber or brush. Dip the scrubber in the soapy water and rub it on the mesh of the screen door. Once you remove the initial dirt, you can use the brush for more detailed cleaning of the screen of the door.