A panel beater is someone who restores the damage automotive vehicles to their factory shape. In other words, a panel beater is a person who repairs vehicles that have been damaged in an accident or collision. They are skilled to handle all kinds of damage, which the vehicle has incurred. The main work of a panel beater is to identify the damaged portion of the car and cut or unbolt the damaged parts of the car. They repair the car body along with other parts and they also restore the damaged parts and install the new parts accordingly. After any accident, it is very hard to restore the car to its factory condition, but the panel beaters are the trained professionals who can restore your damaged car and deliver the car in new factory condition only.
Therefore, the job of a panel beater is extremely challenging. This is because each of the models and other aspects involved in the making of each car is unique. It is also the job requirement of the panel beater to understand these aspects and possess the right knowledge and approach in the repairs of the car. The panel beater must know the design layout of different models.
Trainings for Panel Beater:
The job, which requires any specialized skills especially the one that involves repairing the automotive vehicle body, is not easy. A professional panel beater needs to complete the automobile mechanical training along with the factory specific training, because they not only repair the mechanical parts, but they also repair the car body and they basically deal with some damaged car parts only.
- Automotive agencies look for panel beaters who have undergone training when they hire them to be part of their agency. The extent and level of training undergone by the panel beater along with his experience are some of the important parameters that a company looks out for when hiring panel beaters.
- There are several training institutes. These institutes offer various courses and teach the students skills needed to be good panel beaters. These teach the students to handle the vehicles or cars which are involved in collision or accidents.
Responsibilities of a Panel Beater:
- Repairing any damaged panels of the vehicles or if required, removing and replacing them completely is done by the repairing specialists.
- The panel beater is also capable of making their own or forming a new panel with the materials. They need to identify the damaged parts of the car and they to repair these portions with the same materials. .
- The panel beaters also take up an area of interest and specialize in either a type of vehicle or model of vehicles rather than generalize in all kinds of vehicles.
- The panel beaters are known to produce customized vehicles, which are built from legacy vehicle parts thereby producing new cars. Most of the car manufacturing companies appoint these panel beaters to reform their car models, and they follow the designs of the car and make some new models accordingly.
- Using Fillers of any type to efficiently repair the dents on the damaged area of the vehicle are undertaken by them.
- They work with any type of hardware, which is prone to damage in the vehicle during accidents.
- They replace any kind of auto-electronic components that were damaged in the vehicle.
So if your car gets damaged by some road accidents then you need to hire some panel beater to restore it. People also sell their damaged cars at the lowest value because they think that it is impossible to repair the accidentally damaged car. But now you can repair it and save your cost by hiring a professional panel beater.